Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Patchwork Thoughts - My Goals

I am trying to create a more consistent writing schedule by writing a few times a week.  My rough goals are to write two articles every week.  One article will be the normal, nerdy thing and the other will be journaling about my projects. You can expect a lot of reflection on writing, reading, video making, all that jazz.  Also, I am working on my book but I am in the infant stages of drafting and sketching the plot. I am an avid note taker because I like having a path to go on.  Of course I'm leaving some room for deviating, but I like to know who my characters are and where the story is being contained.  Also, I need to study the currents of the Atlantic Ocean and Norse mythology....it's a writing thing.  

Another thing I have been pondering is attempting (again) is NANOWRIMO (I think I got all of the letters?).  For those of you who are unfamiliar, that stands for National Novel Writing Month and it takes place from the start to the end of November.  The goal is to write 50,000 words in one months, which is roughly the length of a completed novel.  I know that sounds pretty unreasonable to some, but the intent is spur on creativity and help you build support communities with fellow writings.

The one thing I have realized over the last year is that having a support system helps so much with writing.  I have an amazing, talented writers group that I attend (though sometimes my anxiety issues make me the fairest weather attendee) and I often show my writing to my very encouraging husband.  Plus I have you guys!  Having an audience (no matter how small) viewing your work also helps a great deal!  Long story short, I want to participate in November to see if I can be disciplined enough to stick to my goals.  I might need to get up at 5:00 a.m. every day to reach that goal, but I want to do it!  When the time comes, I think I will make vlogs about my progress and take a break from doing articles, as most of my writing juice will be used elsewhere.

So in short, I want to be ambitious and cautious at the same time.  These are my rough goals.

1. Write 1 nerdy article a week
2. Write 1 journal a week
3. Create 1 detailed video a month
4. Vlog more as time permits?

If I start sliding, call me out for it!  Follow me on twitter @ThePatchwrkNerd so you can reply "Why aren't you writing?!" to all of my pictures of my dog!  Here we go!  Let's start this adventure!

And here is some parting fun/wisdom:


Tootles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment